Building A Second Brain is a methodology for saving and systematically reminding us of the ideas, inspirations, insights, and connections we’ve gained through our experience. It expands our memory and our intellect using the modern tools of technology and networks.
This methodology is not only for preserving those ideas, but turning them into reality. It provides a clear, actionable path to creating a “second brain” – an external, centralized, digital repository for the things you learn and the resources from which they come.
The concept of a second brain was introduced by Tiago Forte. The above article provides a solid introduction and should get you hooked on the idea. For more inspiration, he has explored the methodology extensively on his website.
- The 7 Benefits of Building a Second Brain
- What It Feels Like to Have a Second Brain
- The 10 Principles of Building a Second Brain
- What Makes Building a Second Brain Different
Maggie Appleton has created awesome illustrations that cover all the sections of the course.
- How I doubled my brain capacity for work by Silas Mahner
- Managing Knowledge with my Second Brain by Scott Krouse
- 10 Principles I Learned from Tiago Forte’s Building a Second Brain by Shawn Wang